- Programs and Services
- Take Action
Individuals: There are a few ways individuals can volunteer.
1. You can host a workshop- Are you a professional that would like to volunteer to perform a workshop on any of the following topics?
- Job & Interview Preparedness
- Resume Preparation Workshop and One-on-One Advice
- Immigration & Citizenship Workshops
- Health Education Workshops
- Financial Literacy; Budgeting; Savings & Banking & Predatory Practices
- Leadership Development
- Recreation (music, dance games & arts)
- Physical Education & Fitness Classes (aerobics & yoga)
- Basic, intermediate and Advance Computer Workshops
- Basics of plant box gardening & general gardening
2. You can help us market our programs: Financial Literacy, FREE Foreclosure Prevention and First Time Homebuyer workshops & counseling, affordable rental units and affordable housing opportunities.
- Distribute fliers. Flier distribution schedules vary as they depend on special promotions.
- Host a brown-bag lunch workshop at your job. One of MHANY's representatives will make a free presentation (schedules depends on availability of staff)
- Invite MHANY to make a presentation at your club, association, church, synagogue or temple etc.
- Volunteer to do basic administration at the office. Office volunteer opportunities depend on special projects & drives.
- Volunteer to help MHANY's elderly and low to moderate income residents upgrade the yard space around their apartment buildings. Beautify by cleaning, planting shrubs, building plant boxes, benches and chairs.
Organizations: Please contact us if you represent an organization that offers any of the above free workshops at your facility.
- Invite MHANY to speak with your staff about our Financial Literacy, New Landlord, First Time Home Buyer Loan Counseling, and Foreclosure Prevention programs
- Partner with MHANY to provide workshops & services for MHANY's residents & clients. Instead of reinventing the wheel, MHANY would like to refer its residents to your programs and services. You may also be able to provide services in MHANY's beautiful community rooms.... contact us to know how.
For more information and to volunteer, contact MHANY at: 718-246-8080 ext. 239.